Follow this page for the latest updates on the Coronavirus from the Otero County Health Department and the Colorado Department of Public Health. All links will open PDF files in a new window.
This page was last updated on: 03-27-2020
IMPORTANT: Please see the FAQ on the Shelter in Place Order by clicking here
State/Public Health Orders
- 03-25-2020: Governor Polis issues statewide Shelter in Place order
- Long term care & assisted living
- Places of Business
- Schools and Normal In-Person Instruction
- Social Distancing
Otero County Official Updates
- 03-27-2020 Coronavirus Update: Public Health Order Highlights
- 03-26-2020 Coronavirus Update: 2nd POSITIVE COVID-19 Case in Otero County
- 03-25-2020 Shelter in Place FAQ
- 03-25-2020 Coronavirus Update: Statewide Stay at Home/Shelter in Place Order
- 03-24-2020 Coronavirus Update: Part 2
- 03-24-2020 Coronavirus Update: Positive Test Confirmed
- 03-23-2020 Coronavirus Update: The Best Medicine
- 03-23-2020 Coronavirus Press Release
- 03-19-2020: COVID-19 Presumptive Positive in Crowley County
- 03-18-2020: Message from Richard Ritter, Health Department
- 03-16-2020: State Health Department issues public health order for some businesses
- 03-16-2020: Retail Food Establishment COVID-19 Implementation of Public Health Order
- 03-16-2020: Notice of Public Health Order 20-22
- 03-15-2020 Coronavirus Update: What's the Plan?
- 03-13-2020 Coronavirus Update: Isolated Person Tests Negative For Coronavirus
- 03-11-2020 Coronavirus Update: COVID-19 Positive Traveler in La Junta
- Otero County Health Department Pandemic Plan Overview
- 03-08-2020 Coronavirus Update: To Mask Or Not To Mask?
- 03-06-2020 Coronavirus Update: Facts for Coloradans
- 03-02-2020 Coronavirus Update: Be Prepared, Not Scared!