American Lung Association
Freedom From Smoking
What is Freedom From Smoking?
A FREE seven week tobacco cessation program that offers a structured, systematic approach to quitting. It has a positive focus, with an emphasis on the benefits of better health. Because no single cessation technique is effective for all smokers, the program includes a comprehensive variety of evidence-based cessation techniques.
Why Freedom From Smoking?
Evaluation studies have shown that individuals who participate in Freedom from Smoking:
- Experience immediate health benefits.
- Learn to address the physical, mental, and social aspects of their addiction.
- Are six times more likely to be smoke-free one year later than those who quit on their own.
- When used in combination with smoking cessation medication, up to 60% of participants report having quit smoking by the end of the program.
Is the Freedom From Smoking program for you?
- Do you want to quit tobacco?
- Is quitting tobacco a priority for you?
- Have you tried to quit tobacco before?
- Do you believe that smoking is dangerous to your health?
- Are you committed to trying to quit even though it may be tough?
- Do you need a support system to help you quit tobacco?
If you answered YES to any of these questions, the Freedom From Smoking program is for you!
For more information or to enroll in a class, contact: